The Firland Workshop was established in the 1950s, first as an exchange store run by rehabilitating tuberculosis patients, then as a workshop. Over time, the Workshop has expanded its capabilities to become a machine shop.
The Workshop completed its new facility in 1993. The shop provided increased floor space, greater production capacity, and an improved working environment for its employees.
Boeing has been the principal customer for the machined products of the workshop and has been a gracious and faithful provider of work since 1955. We continue to see a bright future for this cooperative venture.
Profits generated by the Firland Workshop fund grants by the Firland Foundation for the study, control, and elimination of respiratory illnesses.