- Provide sustainable improvements in TB and basic health care for the underserved population, meeting needs in present and indefinite future;
- Encourage locally developed, community-based solutions that deliver immediate and tangible benefits;
- Use Firland grant as seed money to encourage and initiate innovative projects with partners
- Occasionally, we will fund grants related to other chronic lung diseases
- Improve health in communities of need by setting up long-term, self-sustaining programs that will have dramatic, positive, lasting impact on the children and families in those communities.
- Provide funding for medical clinics, train health workers and supply existing clinics and hospitals with equipment and supplies.
- When necessary to support the success of our primarily objective, we may also support clean water, health education and micro-business projects.
The foundation awards the majority of its grants to 501 (c)(3) organizations and other non-profit or tax-exempt organizations.
We do not award grants to individuals.
Projects should have measurable results with an indentified, reliabile reporting mechanism.
When possible, we encourage collaboration with government, NGO, or other non-profit partners to enable broader project reach and take advantage of current infrastructure.